A bit about me...
I am a full time student at the University of South Alabama. This is my junior year and I am majoring in Elementary Education. Teaching has always been my passion and I can't wait to help each child achieve their potential. I feel that it is an honor to be apart of these children's lives everyday. I feel that it is a big responsibility that should not be taken lightly!
My biggest role in life is "mom"! I feel that being a mom will help me better myself as a teacher and will also help me relate to my students!!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Podcasts


I believe that podcasts can be very effective tools used in today's classroom. They provide a creative avenue for students to share their findings about given topics to a large audience. Also, they would be more inclined to stretch their vocabulary and put forth more effort knowing that they are showcasing their work to such a large group of listeners. They can also review it and make adjustments for future assignments. Students can be encouraged to provide feedback on each others podcasts as well.
I also believe that video podcasts are wonderful for students. There are many video podcasts that are available on a wide array of topics that are covered in the classroom. These can be used to compliment things being taught in the classroom.
The best thing about podcasts is they are FREE! There are so many resources available today that don't cost a thing!!

No comments: