A bit about me...
I am a full time student at the University of South Alabama. This is my junior year and I am majoring in Elementary Education. Teaching has always been my passion and I can't wait to help each child achieve their potential. I feel that it is an honor to be apart of these children's lives everyday. I feel that it is a big responsibility that should not be taken lightly!
My biggest role in life is "mom"! I feel that being a mom will help me better myself as a teacher and will also help me relate to my students!!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

ALEX (Alabama Learning Exchange)



ALEX or the Alabama Learning Exchange is a wonderful website for teachers. It is a free resource that allows teachers to search by subject, grade level, and topic. After finding what you are looking for you can easily find lesson plans for that topic. The lesson plans are very detailed. The objective of the lesson plan is stated. The time that it will take to complete the lesson is given. Also, the materials needed for the lesson are listed as well as other resources that may be useful and the things that you need to prepare for the lesson. The procedures to carry out the lesson plan are provided in great detail. Basically it breaks everything that you need down into easy to follow instructions. The website also provides links to other sites that prove useful for the teacher or the student relating to each lesson plan. Another thing that I really like is that as a member you can create you own workspace where lesson plans can be stored and you can submit your own if you like. You can also submit variations to lesson plans if you find something that works better for you and would like to share it with others.
The website is very easy to navigate and the information provided is very useful.I think that this is not only a wonderful resource for teachers but anyone that may work with children or that have children of their own. I will definitely utilize this website in the classroom. What a wonderful resource!!!!

No comments: