A bit about me...
I am a full time student at the University of South Alabama. This is my junior year and I am majoring in Elementary Education. Teaching has always been my passion and I can't wait to help each child achieve their potential. I feel that it is an honor to be apart of these children's lives everyday. I feel that it is a big responsibility that should not be taken lightly!
My biggest role in life is "mom"! I feel that being a mom will help me better myself as a teacher and will also help me relate to my students!!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Patience and Understanding

Patience and understanding I believe will be my most important teaching tool. I feel that it is very important to listen and try to understand where students are coming from. I also think that a teacher that is patient and understanding gains the confidence and respect of their students. I always want my students to know that they can approach me with anything and that I am dedicated to being there for them academically, emotionally, etc... All children need to feel that they are important and that what they think and feel is real and that someone cares about them as little people. I hope to provide these qualities to each of my students unconditionally!!!

No comments: