A bit about me...
I am a full time student at the University of South Alabama. This is my junior year and I am majoring in Elementary Education. Teaching has always been my passion and I can't wait to help each child achieve their potential. I feel that it is an honor to be apart of these children's lives everyday. I feel that it is a big responsibility that should not be taken lightly!
My biggest role in life is "mom"! I feel that being a mom will help me better myself as a teacher and will also help me relate to my students!!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Confidence Building

Confidence is another tool that ranks at the top of my list of teaching tools. I feel that students can be taught confidence indirectly. A students confidence is key to a great education. When students are confident they tend to become more involved, ask more questions, and improve their overall grades. Students should be encouraged and praised for a job well done! It is important to address each child regularly about the work that they are doing.
Students should be individually commended for their good work and behaviour. I believe that teachers should tell students exactly what they like about their work and immediately give incentives. I think that they should praise students in the presence of their classmates or write a note in their notebooks or diaries. I believe that students achievements should be showcased and that all students should be made to feel significant in the classroom. I think that students should be updated on their progress. Their past and present achievements such as quiz scores or tests should be provided to show improvement. Students interests should be encouraged.Another thing that should be done to help build confidence is to help students deal with difficulty. Students should know that everyone experiences challenges and be encouraged to continue in their efforts to succeed. Also, I feel that it is important to stay involved with parents and encourage them to praise their children for a job well done and offer encouragement to students that may be struggling.
This is a topic that I feel very strong about. I believe that confidence is key to a successful student and I feel that as an educator it will be my duty to help students gain confidence which will help them throughout their entire life!!

No comments: